Flag_of_Switzerland SWITZERLAND: FAQs

Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about employing and working in Switzerland.

Why should I pay you when my company has HR and accountants already?

Your staff are no doubt well trained, experienced professionals, but we have decades of experience of working with companies, agencies, contractors and government administrators from multiple countries around Europe. It’s much simpler to use our expert service than go through the time and expense of finding out how to do it for yourself.

How involved do you need to become in our processes?

We aim to be as invisible as possible, taking care of everything with the minimum of fuss.

What happens if you get something wrong?

We are so confident of our services, that we will indemnify you – client, agency or contractor – against any losses arising from the incorrect employment of staff or non-payment of tax and social security.

What is a SECO licence?

To work in the recruitment profession in Switzerland, you need to obtain a special licence. Apart from paying a few thousand CHF, you need to prove that you live in Switzerland, have paid your dues and are capable of practising as an agent. Once you have satisfied the authorities, they grant you an “authorisation de practique le placement privé” certificate. Without one, it is illegal to recruit in Switzerland. Companies who work with agencies that do not hold one will be fined.

Get in touch
Call +41 (0) 43 50 86 183 or send a message using the form below.


Sign up for TCP Solutions emails

 Receive our quarterly newsletter, whitepapers on relevant industry topics, and keep informed about upcoming events. You can unsubscribe at any time.

News & Views

Dutch law DBA The purpose, the consequences and the (in)securities
Impact of IR35 for Contractors in the UK